Netflix is one of the most famous and genuine streaming entertainment services, offering various famous movies, TV shows, anime, and documentaries. It has millions of users worldwide and is also known for providing excellent services to users. If you have subscribed to the Netflix service, you might be aware of its exciting movie collection and the latest anime.
Steaming Netflix is possible on various devices, apps, and platforms, and Discord users have a genuine way to do so. Discord is a reliable platform where people from similar interests like and share their content and communicate with each other while streaming content. It is very popular among youths and also people from different age groups.
Sometimes, you would like to stream Netflix on Discord to watch movies and TV shows with your friends and relatives. Many prefer streaming Netflix on Discord due to various great options and features. If you are looking for ways to stream Netflix on Discord, you are at the right place. Here you will learn the steps to consider for streaming Netflix on Discord.
Download Discord App
To stream Netflix on Discord through the web version, you should first try to download the Discord App. You can get the app by visiting the company’s official website and getting the information you are looking for. After downloading the required app, you need to sign in using your Discord login details or scan a QR code for signing purposes. Ensure you are entering the correct login credentials, or else you will face them while logging in later on.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
You can notice a black screen while streaming Netflix on Discord, and you need to get rid of this as soon as possible. It is one of the common problems you should be aware of, and a Black screen issue will not improve your experience. If you are continuously thinking about how to get rid of the black screen when streaming on Discord, then you should follow some steps for the best results.
If you do not like watching a black screen while streaming Netflix on Discord, you need to disable hardware acceleration in your web browser. Here you will get the steps to disable hardware acceleration on the famous browsers, Google Chrome and Firefox. You would be able to follow the steps based on your browser.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Google Chrome
- First step is to open Chrome and select the vertical three dots menu and select Settings
- Now you need to go to the “System” tab from the “Advanced” settings and disable the toggle, which shows “Use hardware acceleration when available.”
- Finally, you must restart your browser after disabling it.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Firefox
- First step is to open Firefox and select the horizontal three lines and select settings
- Just look for the “Performance” section in the “General” tab. You can notice a checkbox that states: Use recommended performance settings” here. You need to uncheck it, and you will see another checkbox that will help you in disabling hardware acceleration.
- At last, you need to uncheck the checkbox which states, “Use hardware acceleration when available”.
Play Netflix and Set up Discord
After disabling the hardware acceleration, you can stream Netflix for your friends on Discord. Here are some of the vital steps you need to follow
- First, you must open Netflix and select the movie or TV series you want to play on Discord. After this, you must minimize the tab and open the Discord app.
- After opening the Discord app, select the “settings” icon next to your username.
- From the settings page, you should select “Activity Status” and then select the “Add it” button.
- You will notice a list of continuously running apps in the background. Next, you should select the browser window with Netflix and select the “Add Game” button.
- After selecting the button, you must navigate to the server where you want to watch your favorite movie or shows with your friends. Then, click the “Stream” button and choose the browser to stream Netflix.
- Now, select the voice channel where you want to host the movie and set the appropriate resolution. If you do not have Discord Nitro, you can set the resolution to 720p at 30fps. For a better resolution, you should go for a Discord Nitro subscription.
- After choosing the stream quality and channel, click the “Go Live” button.
- At last, all the members of the server can select the “Live” option and will be able to join your Netflix party on Discord
- If you ever want to stop or end the watch party, then you need to select the “End call” button
At last, you are fully aware of how to stream Netflix on Discord without any issues. However, following all the above points would be better before proceeding further with streaming Netflix on Discord. Also, you must remember that streaming Netflix on Discord or anywhere is illegal.
Streaming Netflix on Discord is straightforward; you only need to disable Hardware Acceleration. You could enjoy a decent movie with your friends, which is worth it. Try it on Discord, and enjoy your day!